Monday, September 21, 2009

Music Therapy


To Whom It May Concern,
Hi my name is Jocelyn Bastida a student at Lindsey Community Day School and mother of a child in music therapy. I wanted to let you know how important and great Music therapy is to my son and I. I think music class exist for the babies and their mommies for both to have a fun way of bonding.I have learned a new way to get my sons attention and to get him calm in a smoothing type of way of music.I use music with my son when his play time is over, we sing a clean up song and also when hes taking a bath.I feel very happy and exciting during music class because I'm eager to see what new sign language my son will learn that day.My favorite part of music class is when my son is learning different ways to say thank you, and learn new ways to be more social with the other kids.My son does a variety of sign language at home that he has learned in music therapy. What i have observed is great he knows much more manners and he is able to communicate with me with signs and words.Music Therapy has affected my relation with my son for the better. We sing songs together and share smiles from the moment that he wakes up in the morning till he goes to sleep at night.I believe music therapy is an experience for mommies and their babies worth while.Music Therapy has and still is improving my child's language development. He is able to use many new words in his vocabulary.I would recommend music therapy to a friend that is a parent for the first time and loves to enjoy time with their baby. Thank you for taking your time to read my letter.
Sincerely, Jocelyn and Malcolm Turley.

No comments: